Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hidden Under Her Heart EBook Review


 
Hidden Under Her Heart is an EBook that I received for free to review from the author, Rachelle Ayala. 

Ok, so this is the VERY FIRST Christian Romance novel that I have ever read.  I truly thought, "What could be so interesting about a Christian romance novel?"  I thought that they would meet, fall in love and get married. 

Boy was I wrong!

This book....  Man, this book....

At first I wasn't sure that I liked it.  Maryanne and Lucas met in such a way that I thought it was going to be exactly like I had imagined.  But then things got intriguing.  I honestly couldn't put it down for two days!  (And that is saying a lot considering I have two little humans at home that have to be tended to!) 

Maryanne and Lucas are the couple that you route for.  You WANT them to make it against all odds.  At moments it looks like things are going to fall apart, but then you get a glimpse of hope for their relationship to hold on to.  There are MANY touchy subjects that I wasn't expecting (rape, abortion, prematurity, NICU stays) and I wasn't ready for them when I started the book.  But the author took Maryanne and Lucas through each event in a graceful way. 

The thing that SHOULD have popped out to me the most (I think) was abortion issue.  But the thing that DID stand out to me the most was the prematurity and NICU stay.  I think this was the thing that hit me the most because I had been there and done that, so it was shocking to see it in a Christian romance novel considering it has nothing to do with romance!

I don't like to give away to much when I do book reviews, but I think that this was an interesting read!  I really enjoyed the ending!

Over all, this book beat my expectations of a Christian romance novel.  If you want a book that goes beyond the romance and into the depths of the relationship, then this is the book for you!  :)



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your awesome review, Rachelle. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and posted your review.

    ReplyDelete